Prerequisites: Students must be currently certified in Level 2 and be in good ethical standing with Institute policies and procedures. Submittal of one written case study 30 days prior to the workshop start date.
Target audience: Non-medical body workers, Pilates & Yoga instructors, personal trainers, exercise physiologists, strength & conditioning specialists and similar non-medical professionals. Note: This workshop is for those who have limited to no formal manual soft tissue skills and training. It is not suitable for experienced massage therapist and body workers who should register for the Level 3 Medical workshop.
Enrollment limited to 36 participants.
Tuition: $2,495.00 Early Bird Tuition: $2,295.00 if your register by February 19, 2017
Course notice: Course content is not intended for use by participants outside the scope of their license or regulation.
Contact Hours: 35 Hours
Check In : Between 7:00AM-7:30AM Monday
Regular Workshop Hours: 7:30AM-4:00PM (Monday-Friday)
Please Note: Our workshops sell out 4-6 months in advance it is suggested you register early to secure a spot in the workshop of your choice.
Waiting list: Once a workshop is sold out you can request to be added to the waiting list. However, there is no guarantee that a spot will become available.
Please note: Travel expenses are not included in the tuition. Click here to download a PDF with AZ Travel information.
- 5 Days LIVE Hands On Instruction
- Illustrated Level III Fitness Instruction Manual
- 2 Year Free FSTA Membership (See Member's Only tab on our website for further details)
- 2 Year FST Level 3 Fitness Specialist Certification
Course description: This course qualifies as an Advanced level workshop since it assumes that the participants have a thorough familiarity with the topics of gross human anatomy, connective tissue anatomy, kinesiology, and advanced assisted stretching therapy and flexibility training.
Therefore, it focuses on advanced techniques, recent advances, and future directions in Fascial Stretch Therapy™ and by increasing your understanding and clinical application of this material.
Pre-workshop Case Study requirement upon acceptance:
Submittal of one written case study 30 days prior to workshop - the patient/client must have had specific problems or diagnosis that you used FST™ either alone or integrated with other therapies as treatment.
Case study: We prefer either a difficult case where you either figured it out with a modification, integration or invention of a new technique. Or it can be a case where you just reached a plateau and need our advice as to how to proceed to get your client/patient to progress for optimal outcomes. Case study examples and deadline date for submittal will sent with first email upon registration. (Full details & Case Study examples will be included in registration confirmation email.) Case Study submission is 30 days prior to the workshop start date.
From day one, this workshop will rapidly depart from Level II in depth and scope by vastly increasing the FST provider's ability to listen, see and feel. You will also learn how to critically assess and solve chronic conditions that have plagued clients for years thereby improving their quality of life and increasing respect for you as a qualified professional that can help where others have failed.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of this course you should be able to:
- Learn how to assess and eliminate imbalances that can cause the following chronic, stable conditions: piriformis syndrome, plantar fasciitis, low back pain, rotator cuff syndrome and more.
- Perform an accurate subjective assessment flow chart to help direct the session focus for more successful outcomes.
- Determine specific problems of your client-weakness, stiffness, tightness, pain or their unique combinations-then choose the correct follow up tests to confirm your findings & help guide your client session focus.
- Demonstrate accurate understanding of posture and body reading and how it helps determine the strategy of not only an FST session but also whatever else you plan to do with your client.
- Understand how gait determines functional plane dominance and it's relation to what myofascial regions get shortened.
- Learn how to accurately manually muscle test the myotomes to help guide you to the specific antagonists that are inhibiting the strength of the agonist muscles.
- Learn to combine &/or integrate shorter FST sessions with other sessions like Pilates, yoga, personal training and massage.
After finishing this course, you will be members of a small, elite group of the highest level certified FST practitioners that get preferred referrals of new clients from us and others. You are also the preferred professional that we refer the press and media to when they inquire about doing local success stories on FST.
When new opportunities arise, as they have in the past and will in the future, we prefer to include Level 3 trained practitioners in the plan, as they have demonstrated the highest level of commitment and success in FST. The future of FST is very bright, so we invite you to join us for a great ride on a wonderful journey together!
Written notice 45 days prior to the workshop is needed to transfer or withdraw from a workshop. Please read our Cancellation/Refund Policy for more information.