In Level 1 training, you learn the technique of Stretch to Win® – Fascial Stretch Therapy (STW-FST). Level 2 training is focused on you learning the art of FST. Level 3 continues the journey to go a mile deep into this amazing system by training you in our most advanced assessments & techniques to get even faster, better results.
Requirement: You must be Level 1 & 2 certified before you may take Level 3
We currently hold Level 3 workshops in Chandler, Arizona only. We do not travel to hold workshops.
Watch the short video below for a
Level 3 Fitness course description
Watch the short video below for a
Level 3 Medical course description
There are a total of 10 layers of specific technique principles that you will apply to multiple FST movement patterns as you go up the levels of our training. In Level 1 you learned layers 1-4. Level 2 covers Layers 5-7. Layers 8-10 in Level 3 are the following:
- 8) Active PNF, full fascial lines with contralateral foot and/or hand reaching in specific positions to engage more of the neuromyofascial net more broadly and deeply.
- 9) Active PNF adding #8 to spiral, rotational and diagonal advanced movement patterns.
- 10) Two or more therapists engaging the fascial net using current and new movement patterns with various methods. For example, one therapist moves, while other is still then they switch roles; both therapists move in the same direction; both therapists move in the opposite direction for maximal lengthening.
Two tracks of training – Fitness and Medical
In the Fitness track new, specific techniques combined and integrated with new FST movement patterns will take your skills to a whole new level. Your understanding of how neuromyofascia behaves and responds will expand exponentially. Your hands will become biosensors that can rapidly detect the source of neural and structural abnormalities and imbalances that negatively affect function. You will now have the ability to assess and execute quick, effective FST strategies that may not have fully responded to Level 2 techniques.
Note: This workshop is for those who have limited to no formal manual soft tissue skills and training. It is not suitable for experienced massage therapists and bodyworkers who should register for the Level 3 Medical workshop.
In addition to the above material in Fitness, with the Medical track, you will learn to S-I-T-T-T™ (Scan-Identify-Test-Treat-Test again). This is a system of rapid diagnosis and treatment that Chris Frederick has developed over his long career as a manual physical therapist specialist. S-I-T-T-T ™ has a proven clinical record used by Chris Frederick on patients since 1989, along with current Level 3 student testimonials to deliver the following:
- Tools to rapidly and thoroughly evaluate and assess your client/patient
- New manual therapy techniques for myofascia, joints and the nervous system
- New FST movement patterns
- Joint mobilization strap techniques to get better traction on joint capsules
How to choose which track is for you - Fitness or Medical?
The medical track is restricted to professionals with hands on training in a wide variety of manual therapy (aka soft tissue and/or joint techniques) and have earned either a relevant license or valid certification(s). You must also have hands on experience working with clients or patients for at least 2 years, using manual/soft tissue techniques for an average of a minimum of 20 hours per week, no exceptions.
The following professions can register for the medical track:
- Physicians, PAs, Nurses
- Oriental Medical Doctor (OMD)
- Physical and occupational therapists and PTAs/OTAs
- Athletic trainers (must have ATC), Sport Therapists
- Massage therapists and Structural Integration practitioners
Please contact our Administrator, Marlene, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you can take the medical track but do not see your profession listed. Everyone else in professions not listed above should register for the Fitness track